Shree Narayana Mishra passed away

Mrinal Kaul mrinalkaul81 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jan 19 20:01:17 UTC 2013

It is indeed sad to learn that *Professor Śrīnārāyaṇa Miśra* is no more. I
met him several times in Benaras and each time he astonished me with his
deepest insights of the critical Śāstric thinking. His polymathic
understanding of the Śāstric texts of almost all the disciplines in
Sanskrit was immensely beneficial for learning the methods of comprehending
the Sanskrit philosophical systems. But, alas, we have lost such a deeply
learned scholar. I was personally looking forward to learn something more
from him in near future, but am extremely shocked to know about his sad
demise. I do not know anything much about his life, but for those who knew
him I am herewith attaching his picture which I could somehow find in my
computer. May he be at peace.

Sincerely,

Mrinal Kaul