Re: [INDOLOGY] Śākadvīpīya brahmans

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Tue Feb 19 11:37:56 UTC 2013

By the way, is H. von Stietenkron's PhD, published in 1966 available online
to read or download?

Madhav Deshpande

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 11:10 PM, Dipak Bhattacharya <
dbhattacharya200498 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have not read Stietencron’s thesis. So I do not know if he referred to
> the older account of the community available in Nagendra Nath Basu’s *Vanger
> j**āt**īya itih**ās* ‘Caste history of Bengal’, Brāhmaṇakhaṇḍa (=Vol.1).
> Basu has other writings on them, in English too, but these require
> corrections and are not dependable.
> Best
> DB

Madhav M. Deshpande
Professor of Sanskrit and Linguistics
Department of Asian Languages and Cultures
202 South Thayer Street, Suite 6111
The University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, MI 48104-1608, USA