Re: [INDOLOGY] Śākadvīpīya brahmans

Dipak Bhattacharya dbhattacharya200498 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 19 04:10:32 UTC 2013

I have not read Stietencron’s thesis. So I do not know if
he referred to the older account of the community available in Nagendra Nath
Basu’s Vanger jātīya itihās ‘Caste history of Bengal’,
Brāhmaṇakhaṇḍa (=Vol.1).
Basu has other writings on them, in English too, but these require corrections
and are not dependable.
Best
DB