Another Query

Matthew Kapstein mkapstei at UCHICAGO.EDU
Wed Feb 6 18:11:36 UTC 2013

In the Tattvasaṅgrahapañjika I find the term visarāru. It clearly means
something like "flowing forth continuously," but I do not find it in the lexicons at my
disposal (I'm away from my library just now) and I can't work out the derivation,
except of course that it's from vi-sṛ > visara "going forth".

It's not, by the way, to be found in Edgerton's BHS dictionary, or in Apte, or in Monier-Williams,
which I do have packed into my tablet.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Matthew Kapstein
Directeur d'études,
Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes

Numata Visiting Professor of Buddhist Studies,
The University of Chicago