[INDOLOGY] Bhattacharyya's Sadhanamala edition

Christian K. Wedemeyer wedemeyer at uchicago.edu
Thu Apr 4 19:03:34 UTC 2013

The Oriental Institute, Baroda, recently reissued the two-volume Sādhanamālā edition. It is listed as a "third edition (Reprint) 2009" (vol. 2, 2011). It is a good, clear copy on nice paper, well-bound, for Rs. 625 for the set.

I have a copy that I am quite happy with, that I word search "old-school." I would encourage supporting the Oriental Institute by purchasing a print copy from them, if one can. The reprint edition reads (for what it's worth) "© All rights are reserved by the Publishers."

Since there is a substantial introduction to volume two, it may not be (entirely) covered by the "critical edition" policy.

Best,

Christian

--
Christian K. Wedemeyer
Associate Professor of the History of Religions