Open Monograph Press - free software for managing monograph editing, workflow, production and distribution

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 25 07:18:33 UTC 2012

Many of us have edited volumes of conference proceedings or other collected
papers.  It can be a tough job keeping all the correspondence, sequence of
tasks, and timetabling in order.  Now there is a software platform for
supporting this kind of work in a structured manner, the Open Monograph
Press.  It's free, open-source software produced by PKP, the same people
who do the Open Journal System - the most widely used online journal system
in the world.

For more information on OMP, which is still in  beta, see the OMP
website<http://pkp.sfu.ca/node/5549>.
As far as I can see, OMP doesn't do typesetting.  But it aims to give a
framework for most of the rest of the administration and communication
involved in making a book, as well as offering an online shop-front for
distribution and sales.

I'm grateful to Will Sweetman for bringing this to my attention.

Best,

--
Dr Dominik Wujastyk
Department of South Asia, Tibetan and Buddhist Studies<http://stb.univie.ac.at>