Fwd: Open Rank Position in South Asian Literature and Culture at Duke University

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at GMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 19 20:45:09 UTC 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Prof Laurie Patton, Ph.D. <laurie.patton at duke.edu>
Date: 19 September 2012 21:05
Subject: Open Rank Position in South Asian Literature and Culture at Duke
University

** **

Colleagues, I am delighted to pass this notice of an open-rank position at
Duke on to you and hope that you will circulate appropriately.****

Laurie L. Patton****

Professor of Religion****

Dean, Arts and Sciences****

Duke University****

104 Allen Building****

Durham, NC 27705****

PH: 919.684.4510****

FX:919.684.8503

****

Position in South Asian Literature and Culture

****

The Department of Asian and Middle Eastern Studies at Duke University in
Durham, North Carolina, invites applications for an open rank position in
South Asian Literature and Culture, effective Fall 2013. Native or
near-native fluency in at least one South Asian language is required. The
area of specialization is open, but we are particularly interested in
candidates working in areas of cultural studies, film and visual culture,
gender and religion, empire studies, and popular culture. We welcome
scholars in multi-disciplinary or interdisciplinary research. The
successful candidate will be expected to teach courses in her/his area of
expertise. The PhD degree is required. Applications for junior candidates
should include a curriculum vitae, writing sample, and three letters of
recommendation. For senior applicants, please provide the names, addresses
and telephone numbers of at least three scholars who can provide academic
references. Complete application received by November 12, 2012, will be
given full consideration. Applications should be submitted through
Interfolio at: http://www.interfolio.com/apply/<http://www.interfolio.com/apply/XXXXX>
15778. Additional information may be obtained from Mindy Marcus <
mmarcus at duke.edu>. Duke University is Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action
employer.****

** **

****