Studies on vidhi-

CHRISTOPHER GIBBONS chris_gibbons at ME.COM
Sun Sep 16 00:25:48 UTC 2012

Dear List,

Greetings. I have two questions and would be grateful to anyone who can help.

(1) Can anyone recommend any good study/studies on the meanings of vidhi-? The use in MBh 12.290.2 appears to connote "method" but I suspect its scope is wider here.

(2) I have found only the review by J. Whitakar  of T. Proferes' 2007 publication "Vedic Ideals of Sovereignty and the Poetics of Power". Does anyone know of any other review(s) on this work?

Thank you kindly,

Chris Gibbons
PhD Candidate
School of History, Philosophy, Religion and Classics
University of Queensland