etymology of the word 'DRAVIDA"

alakendu das mailmealakendudas at REDIFFMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 24 15:59:47 UTC 2012

To All,
         I would be benefitted if anybody can  enlighten me about the etymology of the word 'Dravida' as used in naming the race DRAVIDIAN.

 Thanking You                                          Yours faithfully

                                                          ALAKENDU DAS
                                                        Post-Graduate,INDOLOGY