Fwd: "Freedom" - My new Book is now available

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at GMAIL.COM
Mon Oct 15 21:29:21 UTC 2012

This message to the INDOLOGY forum breaches the policy of the forum.

The rules of this forum <http://indology.info/email/email-const/> say:

*Discouraged forms of communications:* List members are discouraged from
posting messages that are not part of a discourse on indology. In
particular, commercial or advertising messages are strongly deprecated, and
may lead to suspension. (On the other hand, authors are positively
encouraged to post news of their recent academic publications.)

In this case, Prof. Pandurangi has, regrettably, done both things: posted
news of someone else's publication and included commercial and advertising
text.

Even more troubling is that a bone-fide member of the list has posted
verbatim a commercially-oriented message by a non-member.  This is
perilously close to what Wikipedia calls
sockpuppetry<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sockpuppet_%28Internet%29>.
Narayana Murthy Kavi has not applied for membership of this forum, and has
no rights to post messages to the rest of us.

It is understandable that one may be enthusiastic about a new book by a
valued colleague.  But it is essential that the rules of this forum should
be followed, for the good of all.

The deed is done.  All I can say to members is, please do not buy the book
as a result of the unauthorized and deprecated advertising that has
happened here.

Best,
Dominik Wujastyk
INDOLOGY committee member.