Sanskrit onomastics

George Thompson gthomgt at GMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 14 20:06:36 UTC 2012

Dear Adriano Aprigliano,

If you are interested in Rigveda onomastics, I can recommend Manfred
Mayrhofer: Die Personennamen in der Rgveda-Samhitaa. Sicheres und
Zweifelhaftes [2003].  He has also written a monograph on Old Iranian
onomastica, which I have here somewhere, but which I cannot find at
the moment.  I also would call your attention to a collection of
articles [mostly in German] on Indo-Iranian onomastica published
fairly recently in the USA [California] by Ruediger Schmitt.

 I apologize for not being able to give detailed bibliography for
these books now.  I am busy with other duties and cannot readily find
these books in my personal library.  But I can assure you that they
would be useful to you when it comes to early Indo-Iranian onomastics.

If you cannot find reference to these books, please let me know, and I
will try to give you more specific information when I can.

Best wishes,

George Thompson