Certificate of Affiliation

patrick mccartney psdmccartney at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jul 24 03:31:13 UTC 2012

Dear List,

My name is Patrick. I'm a first-year Phd candidate at The ANU, Australia.
My focus is sociolinguistics. I'm interested in identifying Sanskritic
nodes of power within a Sanskrit speaking community in southern Gujarat;
the resultant valency patterns of truth/knowledge; the functions of
Sanskrit during transactions of capital (economic-social-religious), and
Sanskrit's relationship to processes of legitimation of authority,
contestation of space and cultural reproduction. I'm also interested in the
broader processes/discourses of interdependency between this community and
the local region/state.

I have just returned from the Indian High Commission in Canberra. Mr Kumar
wants to give me a student research visa, however, he requires a
Certificate of Affiliation from a UGC recognised college/university.

I have had no luck obtaining such a certificate. All of my emails to
academics at Indian universities have remained unanswered.

 I hope that someone on this list may be able to assist me?

I look forward to hearing from you. I have attached my CV.

--
All the best,

Patrick McCartney

PhD Candidate - Anthropology