Ordering Bori mss in microfilm

Deshpande, Madhav mmdesh at UMICH.EDU
Mon Jul 23 14:55:09 UTC 2012

You should try contacting Shrinand Bapat at the BORI.  He handles the manuscript library and may be able to help you.

Madhav M. Deshpande
Professor of Sanskrit and Linguistics
Department of Asian Languages and Cultures
202 South Thayer Street, Suite 6111
The University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104-1608, USA
From: Indology [INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk] on behalf of Benjamin Fleming [fleming_b4 at HOTMAIL.COM]
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2012 10:40 AM
To: INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk
Subject: [INDOLOGY] Ordering Bori mss in microfilm

Dear list,

Does any one have experience ordering copies of manuscripts from the Bhandarkar Institute that have been microfilmed?

The one time I collected manuscripts from them I went in person and had photocopies made, but I also know that some manuscripts are available on microfilm. I assume that it is possible to order copies of specific mss, but am unclear on how to go about it

It has been a number of years since I was there and the people in charge have changed. I have not found the website helpful with respect to ordering copies.

Any help as to the best way to receive copies in a relatively timely manner would be most appreciated!

Best,
Benjamin

--

Benjamin Fleming,
Visiting Scholar, Dept. of Religious Studies;