Devanagari newsgroup?

Robert A. Hueckstedt rah2k at CMS.MAIL.VIRGINIA.EDU
Sun Jan 1 15:50:34 UTC 2012

I have a little problem with a ligature, if that's the proper term, while
composing in Devanagari via xeLaTeX. I remember someone mentioning there was
a newsgroup devoted exclusively to Devanagari composition questions, but I
have not been successful in finding it. Can anyone direct me?

Gratefully,
Bob Hueckstedt

PS: If you're interested, the problem has to do with j~na. It comes out fine
in regular text, but it does not come out fine in footnotes.

Here's a sample file:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage{xunicode}
\usepackage{xltxtra}
\setmainfont{IndUni-P}

\newcommand\dn{\catcode`\~=12
     \fontspec[Script=Devanagari,Mapping=velthuis-sanskrit]{Sanskrit2003}}

\begin{document}
{\dn j~nAna}\footnote{The meaning of this is {\dn j~nAna}.} {\dn vidyA}
\end{document}