Fwd: Jain eLibrary News Letter 2012-01 (Group 21)

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 27 09:14:49 UTC 2012

I forward this one issue of the new Jain eLibrary newsletter for the
interest of members.  This is not a subscription.

Best,
Dominik

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Madhuker A. Mehta <admin at jainaeducation.org>
Date: 27 February 2012 05:47
Subject: Jain eLibrary News Letter 2012-01 (Group 21)
To: Madhuker Mehta <top.mehta at gmail.com>

It gives us a great pleasure to bring you this first newsletter, specially
designed to bring you the news related to Jain eLibrary and Jaina Education
(Pathashala) Books. We plan to bring this news letter monthly, but while we
get organized, the frequency may fluctuate. We will provide you with the
following information.

The following details show a status of Jain eLibrary progress. The data is
cumulative since the Jain eLibrary went online approximately three years
ago.

*Statistics on Jain eLibrary* (www.jainlibrary.org)

Total Items in Library

9,137

Total Visitors

363,381

Books

4,210

Countries of Visitors

78

Articles

3,564

Registered Users

11,470

Magazines

987

Manuscripts

183

Total Downloads

105,564

Audio Files

74

Rituals

69

New Items added

See attached file

Miscellaneous

50

*List of Books & Articles Published*

A list of new books and articles added in last 60 days is attached with
this news letter.  In future we will continue to attach the new list since
the last publication of this newsletter.

You can also download the complete catalogue of all eLibrary books,
articles, and audio files (xls format) from the following link located in
the middle of the home page of the eLibrary website "All files of
eLibrary<http://www.jainlibrary.org/elib_master/z_elib_files/$z_elib_files.pdf>".

* *

*
http://www.jainlibrary.org/elib_master/z_elib_files/$z_elib_files.pdf*

*Your Suggestion and Recommendation*

If you desire to see a particular Jain literature book useful for Jain
academic study be made available on the eLibrary, let us know and we will
attempt to make the item available on eLibrary. In addition, if you have a
specific book in PDF format and want to share the book with the community
by placing it on the eLibrary, send us the PDF file for review. Please note
that the copy righted material cannot be placed on the Jain eLibrary
website.

In addition, please advise us what other information we can provide you to
help you utilize the eLibrary effectively.

* *

*Jain eLibrary News Group*

If you are not a member of the Jain eLibrary News Google Group, we invite
you to become a member. To subscribe please send an e-mail to the following
address with "Subscribe" in the subject line.

* *

*                          Jainelibrary+**subscribe at googlegroups.com*

This is a Jain library news group.  You will receive only eLibrary and
education related information. To minimize messages in group members’
mailboxes, the group plans to limit 2 to 4 emails in a month. The group
members are prohibited from publishing information directly for
distribution to the group members.

*Jaina Education (Pathashala) Books on Amazon *

You can buy hard copies of all Jaina Education Books on Amazon.  The price
of each book on Amazon excludes shipping charges of $3.99 per book. You can
also buy these books on www.jainelibrary.org website.

*Jaina Education (Pathshala) Books on Kindle*

All Jaina Education books are now available on Kindle.  The price for
Kindle books are $0.99 or $1.99.  However you can download these books from
Jain eLibrary website (pdf file) free of charge.

*Jain eLibrary DVD Sets Purchase Information*

The following table provides the price information of DVD Set-1, Set-2 and
Set-3.

To order the DVDs online, please go to Jain e-Library Website Home Page
http://www.jainelibrary.org and click the link "Buy Jain Books on
DVD<http://www.jainlibrary.org/buy_dvd_project.php>"

* *

DVD Set

Description

India – Purchase

 in Person

India - Purchase

Via Mail Order *

USA & Other Countries

Via Mail Order *

Number

of

eBooks

Pages of

Jain Literature

DVD Set-1

DVDs No 1 – 4

Rs. 200.00

Rs. 300.00

$10.00

1900

700,000

DVD Set-2

DVDs No 5 – 8

Rs. 200.00

Rs. 300.00

$10.00

1800

500,000

DVD Set-3

Both Sets 1, 2 DVDs No 1 – 8

Rs. 400.00

Rs. 500.00

$15.00

3700

1,200,000

* *

**Via Mail Order prices include shipping and handling.*

* *

*Terms of Use: *

The information contained on the Jain eLibrary website and on the published
DVDs is for personal, private and individual use only. Its distribution in
any form and for any purpose, whether commercial or non-commercial, is
prohibited. It should not be copied to display the material on other
websites.

We request you to respect the above conditions in the true spirit of Jain
religion.  We assure you that we do not make any profit on any of the JAINA
Education project.  All of us are volunteer workers.  The entire eLibrary
project is funded through contribution received from America and around the
world.

* *

*Notes   ***

1.       All DVDs will be shipped from Ahmedabad (Gujarat) India.

2.       You will receive DVDs within 4 to 5 weeks.

3.       Soft copy Catalogue is available in all DVD (xls file). Hence, in
line with Jain ecology principle, we have discontinued printed catalogue of
the new/old DVD sets.

4.       If you do not receive DVDs in four weeks, please e-mail to both  *
education at jaina.org* and *arihant.graf at gmail.com*

*Jaina Teachers’ National Conference 2012 - Los Angeles*

*Dates: Friday May 25, 2012 to Monday May 28, 2012*

The primary objective of this conference is to have group discussions on
Pathshala Education Material, Teaching Methodology, and Tracking Systems
(see list of groups). We will avoid lectures and speeches. Participants
will be divided into groups based on their interests and expertise. We will
have some sessions with all the participants as one group.

This conference is designed for Jain Pathshalas in North America and other
Pathshalas which follow a similar format.  Scholars, academics and research
oriented professionals may not benefit by attending this conference.  We
welcome individuals who may be interested in starting similar Pathshalas at
their locations.

Registration fee for the conference is $25, which includes lodging and
boarding for the duration of the conference.   We encourage you to sign up
on-line ASAP by clicking on the link below. You would be able to pay the
registration fee of $25 on-line as well.  *Registration deadline is April
2, 2012**.*

http://www.jaincenter.net/newsite/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=86

*TRANSPORTATION:*

When arriving in Los Angeles, you may have to arrange for your own
transportation to the Jain temple or the host family address, depending on
when you arrive. *Details of shuttle services from Airport to Jain Center
or to the host family will be provided later.*

* *

When departing from Los Angeles, WE WILL PROVIDE TRANSPORTATION FROM JAIN
CENTER TO LAX ONLY, between 1:00 – 3:00 pm on MONDAY MAY 28th. You have to
arrange your own transportation to all other airports and alternate times.

Host family will provide transportation between their home and the
conference place which is Jain center.  Participants will be responsible
for their own inter-city transportation not related to the conference.

*For all inquiries for the Teachers’ Conference, please contact the
following coordinators (preferably by e-mail):*

SAILES JAIN (sailesjain at aol.com – 714-529-5874)

RAJUL VASA (rkvasa at aol.com – 562-860-7273 home, 562-650-4683 cell)

Pravin K. Shah & Madhuker A. Mehta

JAINA Education Committee