sad new: Frits Staal

Michio Yano yanom at CC.KYOTO-SU.AC.JP
Sun Feb 19 16:12:35 UTC 2012

Dear Michael and All,

I cannot believe this sad news.  He invited me to his lecture
at the occasion of the Agnicayana last April.  Without his invitation
I should have hesitated to go to Panjal.
I was one of his long time friends since I attended his lectures
in Kyoto University in  late 1960s. I visited him at his home
in Berkeley in 1986.
I wanted to visit him at his home in Thailand, but it is now too late!

Michio Yano
Kyoto Sangyo University
Kamigamo, Kita-ku, Kyoto, 603-8555 Japan