Terms for Negation ?

Birgit Kellner kellner at ASIA-EUROPE.UNI-HEIDELBERG.DE
Wed Feb 1 18:52:51 UTC 2012

Dear Stephen,

just out of interest, which Tibetan terms you are trying to "retrovert"?
The most common distinction between types of negation in Sanskrit is
that between prasajyapratiṣedha and paryudāsa(pratiṣedha), usually
rendered in Tibetan as med dgag or ma yin dgag respectively, but you
probably refer to some other distinction.

Best regards,

Birgit

--
--------

Prof. Dr. Birgit Kellner
Chair in Buddhist Studies
Cluster of Excellence "Asia and Europe in a Global Context - Shifting
Asymmetries in Cultural Flows"
University of Heidelberg
Karl Jaspers Centre
Vossstraße 2, Building 4400