Improved DEDR Search

Suresh Kolichala suresh.kolichala at GMAIL.COM
Thu Dec 20 17:18:34 UTC 2012

Dear all,

The Dravidian Etymological Dictionary (1961; revised in 1984) is a landmark
contribution of Burrow and Emeneau to the study of Dravidian
linguistics. Here is a modest attempt to provide an improved interface to
search this Dictionary. This search allows using extended regular
expressions for search term as well as the meaning, besides allowing
filtering by the four main subgroups of Dravidian:

http://kolichala.com/DEDR/search.php

My friend Periannan Chandrasekaran and I have plans to work on providing
Proto-Dravidian reconstructions to many of these entries. We would like to
work on this ambitious project, slowly and methodically.

I appreciate any feedback from the scholarly community.

Regards,
Suresh.