Kuppuswami Sastri Institute facing a financial deficit

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at GMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 5 09:40:26 UTC 2012

Dear George,

A support fund such as you suggest would be grand.

It would take negotiation with the leaders at the KSSRI, of course, and a
knowledge of what they actually may get from the government.

I don't mean to be fanciful in suggesting also that modern crowd-funding
could be relevant here.  If the KSSRI (or one of us speaking for the
institution) could frame something that looked like a finite project, then
it could be put up on Kickstarter <http://www.kickstarter.com/>.  We could
circulate this funding opportunity here in the INDOLOGY list, so that those
willing and able from our community could put something in the pot.  Using
Kickstarter would give a clear framework for the funding, which would be
helpful.

Best,
Dominik