TeX in Indological studies

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 18 08:52:09 UTC 2011

Dear colleagues,

A friend of mine, Kaveh Bazargan, is giving a paper at a conference tomorrow
called "*Why TeX is more relevant now than
ever<http://www.tug.org/tug2011/abstracts/bazargan.txt>".
*He is interesting in fields outside his own of which it might be said that
TeX is important, or even more important than in the past.

It's my subjective impression that the use of TeX in our field has grown in
recent years.  Several of us have produced critical editions using TeX, in
Hamburg, Groningen, and Pondichery, for example.  I believe the Clay
Sanskrit Library was typeset with TeX (Somdev?).

I'd like to give Kaveh some sort of feeling for the growth of TeX use in
Indology, if there is indeed growth.  Does anyone have any comments,
examples?

Best,
Dominik