Vidvadrudhi and Mahayoga

Michael Williams Michael.Williams at POSTGRAD.MANCHESTER.AC.UK
Thu Nov 3 09:41:37 UTC 2011

Dear all,

I am currently working on Vyaasatiirtha's Nyaayaam.rta, and Raamaacaarya's comment on it. While commenting on VT's ma;ngala;sloka, Raamaacaarya uses two technical terms which I haven't been able to find a good interpretation for. They are "vidvadruu.dhi" and "mahaayoga". I assume that these are technical terms of grammar, but I am not should what the precise distinction is between them. I would be grateful if anyone could clarify.

Many thanks,

Mike Williams,
University of Manchester