Translations of Rig Veda Suparna Sukta (RV I.164)

George Thompson gthomgt at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 31 18:17:59 UTC 2011

Dear List,

There is also an English version of Jan's paper in JAOS 120.4 [Oct-Dec
2000].  This has a complete translation appended to it.  However, I do not
think that Jan or anyone else has mastered or solved this hymn. In deference
to Dipak, I will not mystery-monger.  But the hymn is certainly a brahmodya
hymn with many still unsolved riddles.   I will include a translation and
commentary in my forthcoming Rigveda anthology.

Best,
George