query

Michael Brattus Jones m.b.jones at MAIL.UTEXAS.EDU
Tue Jun 28 05:56:49 UTC 2011

Dear Professor Jha,

This piece, called "Poison Damsels", does treat of poison more
generally than the literary motif indicated in the title. Written by
N.M. Penzer, it's actually Appendix 3 to Volume 2 of N.M. Penzer's
1924 re-presentation of C.H. Tawney's 1880 translation of the
KathAsaritsAgara, entitled Ocean of Story. Penzer reworked Tawney's 2
vol. translation into a 10 volume set with multiple indexes, story
lists, folk-lore motif lists, and essays on miscellaneous topics.

I'm putting a pdf of "Poison Damsels" in the file-sharing website
Dropbox - try this link and let me know if you can't access it. I'm
afraid it's a large file and may open slowly. I believe I printed it
into pdf from a larger file encompassing more (or all) of Volume 2
from archive.org.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27719917/Poison%20Damsel/Poison%20Damsels%20Penzer%20Ocean%20of%20Story%20Volume%202%20Appendix%203.pdf

Good luck,
Michael Brattus Jones
Ph.D. student, Department of Asian Studies
University of Texas in Austin