Obituary for Lucy Bulliet

JKirkpatrick jkirk at SPRO.NET
Sat Jun 25 14:32:48 UTC 2011

May I ask, will her valuable Bibliography be published in another
obituary?
Or is there one somewhere on Columbia's website?

Thanks,
Joanna Kirkpatrick

-----Original Message-----
From: Indology [mailto:INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk] On Behalf Of
Michael Brattus Jones
Sent: Friday, June 24, 2011 7:38 PM
To: INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk
Subject: [INDOLOGY] Obituary for Lucy Bulliet

It is with great sadness that I pass along this obituary for Lucy
Bulliet, which was written by her husband Professor Richard
Bulliet of Columbia University.
- M. B. Jones

OBITUARY:
Dr. Lucianne Cherry Bulliet, who had taught Vedic Religion at
Columbia University for almost twenty years, succumbed to cancer
on March 2, 2011.  She was 71 years old.  Dr. Bulliet grew up in
San Diego, California, and graduated from Point Loma High School
and Pomona College.  She earned her doctoral degree in Sanskrit
and Indian
Studies at Harvard University under Professor Daniel H. H.
Ingalls.
Her scholarly interests focused on the earliest phases of Indian
religion and culture as manifested in ancient works written in
the Vedic language, and on the roots of Indo-European culture in
Central Asia.  She is survived by her husband Richard and son
Mark.