A Question

Artur Karp karp at UW.EDU.PL
Fri Jul 29 14:32:22 UTC 2011

> Am going to the
> University Library now, miracles do happen, don't they ---

Dear Friends,

Miracles do happen, yes. Today a modest one, but still. As it turned
out, my Deptt's library has Amulyachandra Sen's 1956 book on Asoka's
Edicts.

> From a blurb: "This volume gives epigraphically authentic versions of
the standard texts of the Inscriptions together with English
translations, brief notes in the light of latest researches and
philologically sound Sanskritized  versions of the texts, in
scientific transliteration in Roman type".

A gift from the Indian Council of Cultural Relations.

Also D.C. Sircar's 1957 "Inscriptions of Aśoka", published by the
Publication Division, Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Govt. of
India. 85 pages, Introduction plus English translation of the Edicts.

Thanks once more,

Artur