religious embryology in India

A.Cerulli acerulli at AYA.YALE.EDU
Fri Jan 28 11:42:28 UTC 2011

Dear Andrey,
Here are some more:

Bhattacharyya, Swasti. 2006. *Magical Progeny, Modern Technology: A Hindu
Bioethics of** **Assisted Reproductive Technology*. State University of New
York Press.

Das, Rahul Peter. 2003. *The Origin of the Life of a Human Being: Conception
and the Female According to Ancient** Indian Medical and Sexological
Literature*. Motilal Banarsidass.

Hara, Minoru. 1980. "A Note on the Buddha’s Birth Story." In *Indianisme et
Bouddhisme: Mélanges offerts à Mgr* * Étienne Lamotte*. Université
Catholique de Louvain.

Hüsken, Ute.2009. *Viṣṇu’s Children: Prenatal life-cycle rituals in South
India*. Harrassowitz Verlag.

 Kapani, Lakshmi. 1989a. "Note on the Garbha-Upaniṣad." In *Fragments for a
History of the Human Body*. Michel Feher, et al (eds). Zone 5, Part III.
Zone Books.

Kapani, Lakshmi, trans. 1989b. Upaniṣad of the Embryo. In *Fragments for a
History of the **Human Body*. Michel Feher, et al (eds). Zone 5, Part III.
Zone Books.

Sasson, Vanessa R. and June Marie Law (eds). 2008. *Imagining the Fetus: The
Unborn in Myth, Religion, and Culture*. Oxford Univ. Press.

Selby, Martha Ann. 2005. "Narratives of Conception, Gestation, and Labour in
Sanskrit Āyurvedic Texts." *Asian Medicine: Tradition and Modernity*, vol.
1, no. 2: 254-275.

Tewari, Premvati. 2003. *Āyurvedīya Prasūtitantra Evaṃ Strītoga*. 2 vols.
3rd Edition. Chaukhambha Orientalia.

Tewari, Premvati V. 1997. *Introduction to Kāśyapa-Saṃhitā*. Chaukhambha
Visvabharati.

Yamashita, Tsutomu. 1995. "Śārīrasthāna of the Āyurveda – A Comparative
Study." *Studies in the History of Indian** Thought*, vol. 7: 105-113.

Best,
Anthony Cerulli
Hobart and William Smith Colleges