default reply behaviour (was: curses)

Jean-Luc CHEVILLARD jean-luc.chevillard at UNIV-PARIS-DIDEROT.FR
Sun Feb 27 20:47:32 UTC 2011

Dear Dominik,

I am probably a member of 20 mailing lists
(including many purely Tamil google mailing lists)
(although I read a very tiny fraction of what is posted on them,
but I archive the messages
in order to create linguistic corpora
for possible future reference on Modern Tamil spontaneous usage)
and I see that all of them have "reply to the list" as their behaviour
because that is the normal/standard definition of a mailing list.

Last year, I resisted a suggestion to switch
to the "reply to the sender" behaviour
on the [slow trafic] CTamil list for which I am the owner.

Typically,
less than 1% of list members do mistakes
on slow trafic mailing lists
(and it seems never to happen on heavy trafic mailing lists)

It seems the choice for you is between
being the owner of a very slow trafic mailing list
and being the owner of a moderately slow trafic mailing list ;-)

Cheers

-- Jean-Luc