Macintosh Devanagari font

Lindquist, Steven slindqui at MAIL.SMU.EDU
Tue Dec 20 11:18:27 UTC 2011

Dear Lars,

I'm posting to the list as this may apply to others.  A person may not need a new keyboard file for certain fonts when transitioning from OS9 to OSX.  OSX changed to using 'resource' (.rsrc) files for keyboard layouts.  The solution (at least one we came up with that allowed Manjushree by Madhav to work in OSX) is simply to remove any file type from the current keyboard name (.layout or whatever it is; I don't remember now) and replace it with .rsrc and then reinstall.

This may or may not work here, but since it works in one case, it is worth a try.

Best,

Steven

STEVEN LINDQUIST, PH.D.
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
DIRECTOR OF ASIAN STUDIES
_____________
Department of Religious Studies
Southern Methodist University
PO Box 750202 | Dallas | TX | 75275
http://faculty.smu.edu/slindqui

From: Lars Martin Fosse <lmfosse at GETMAIL.NO<mailto:lmfosse at GETMAIL.NO>>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 11:58:06 +0100
To: Indology <INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk<mailto:INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk>>
Subject: [INDOLOGY] Macintosh Devanagari font

Dear members of the list,

A person who is not a member of the listasked me to pass on the the following request to you.

“Ecological Linguistics appears to be out of business. They are not answering their email, nor answering their phone, nor answering their snail mail. I was a user of their Macintosh Devanagari font for Systems 9 and earlier, which doesn't work on OS X. Theyupgraded that font for OS X, but are no longer around to fill orders. Wouldsomeone be kind enough to send that updated font to sfauthor at aol.com<mailto:sfauthor at aol.com>? In fact, I may only need the keyboard file, since I updated all of my OS 9 fonts with a program called FontXChange. Huge thanks in advance! ”

Best regards

Lars Martin Fosse