Indology FAQ

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 17 12:55:43 UTC 2011

Dear colleagues,

Some of you may remember that a while back I established a Frequently Asked
Questions (FAQ) area for members of this list, at

   - http://faq.indology.info

At the time, the idea was to provide us all with an area where we could
write without fear of our text being subverted by other editors without
university-level academic acumen (as happens sometimes in Wikipedia).  In my
mind, the FAQ would contain succinct essays by members of this forum on
indological topics that come up frequently in the minds of the general
public.

The initiative got bogged down, though, with the security issues.  Members
had to apply for a password in order to gain access, and the whole thing was
just too darn fiddly.

I have now lifted the password restriction.  Anyone may now write on the
FAQ, and I hope I can encourage many of you to contribute a few words on any
topic that you think could be interesting to the public, and on which you
could give some authoritative words in a short compass.

By removing the password restriction, I have opened the FAQ up to potential
abuse.  We'll all simply have to keep an eye on it, and hope things don't
get out of hand.  If it goes bad, we'll have to deal with that in due
course.

Please consider going over to http://faq.indology.info and contributing a
few words on your favourite topic.  The topical structure that I put there
is just a suggestion.  Feel completely free to add, change, delete, or
rearrange.

Best,
Dominik

--