STIMW Programme

Valerie J Roebuck vjroebuck at BTINTERNET.COM
Mon Apr 11 13:14:33 UTC 2011

Dear Colleagues

This is the programme for this year's STIMW Seminar.

NOTE: Please do not contact me about registration: I am just sending the information on behalf of the organizers.

Thank you!

Valerie J Roebuck

28th Annual STIMW Seminar
Fri 27 May 2011 10.45 a.m. - 5.00 p.m.
Martin Harris Centre, G16, University of Manchester

Programme

10.45-11.10	Coffee and registration

11.15-12.00	Simon Brodbeck (Cardiff University)
‘The ancient Indian Rājasūya revisited’

12.00-12.45	Lynn Thomas (Roehampton University, London) ‘The duties of the king and the welfare of the citizens: issues of human rights in the Mahābhārata’s Rājadharmaparvan’
Discussant for both: Brian Black

12.45-1.55	Lunch

2.00-2.45	Suresh Kolichala (Atlanta, Georgia) ‘Interaction between orality and literacy in the composition of the Bhagavad-Gītā’
Discussant: Jacqueline Suthren Hirst

2.45-3.30	Michael Williams (University of Manchester) ‘Ancient Indian Techno-Babble: translating Navya-Nyāya texts for modern audiences’
Discussant: Hazel Collinson

3.30-4.00	Tea

4.00-4.45	Klaus Bung (Institute for Dynamic Language Learning) ‘Principles of an algorithm which facilitates the learning of Sanskrit’
Discussant: Dermot Killingley

4.45-5.00	STIMW 2012

For further details, please see http://www.arts.manchester.ac.uk/stimw or contact jacqueline.hirst at manchester.ac.uk

To book, please print out, complete and post registration form.