Dunyotepa potsherd

Stefan Baums baums at BERKELEY.EDU
Mon Apr 11 19:34:00 UTC 2011

Dear all,

thanks to the good offices of Harry Falk, a copy of the needed
article has reached me from Uzbekistan. Many thanks to him and
Asko Parpola for their help. I stand in renewed awe of the
helpfulness and magic of the members of this list.

The potsherd turns out to be small, but certainly looks like
Kharoṣṭhī, and Masson’s reading of the term vihara in it

   http://gandhari.org/a_inscription.php?catid=CKI0713

appears to be correct (although the vi is a bit tilted, and the
name of the monastery is unfortunately not preserved).

All best,
Stefan

--
Dr. Stefan Baums