Persian and Arabic borrowings in Sanskrit

Dipak Bhattacharya dbhattacharya200498 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Apr 6 17:02:52 UTC 2011

I do not know if any body has pointed out the following
fact. As reported in Vibhūtibhūṣaṇa-Bhaṭṭācārya’s edition published by the
Sampurnand Sanskrit University the author of  the Pasīkaprakāśa was Viharikṛṣṇa Miśra. I
vaguely remember this topic having been raised long ago in this Forum.

Best

DB

--- On Wed, 6/4/11, Walter Slaje <slaje at T-ONLINE.DE> wrote:

From: Walter Slaje <slaje at T-ONLINE.DE>
Subject: Re: [INDOLOGY] Persian and Arabic borrowings in Sanskrit
To: INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk
Date: Wednesday, 6 April, 2011, 2:43 PM

Weber
had however failed to recognize the tradition of Sankrit grammar
Kṛṣṇadāsa was following and the
technical terminology he used when composing his Persian
grammar. Therefore Weber misjudged
Kṛṣṇadāsa's achievements and his
basic insights into the structure of Persian grammar (cp., e.g., his
clear differentiation of the system of the Persian perfect stems) .

For details, see W. Slaje, Der
Pārasīprakāśa: ▄ber das indische Modell f№r
Kṛṣṇadāsas perнsiнsche
Gramнннmatik aus der Moġulzeit.
In: ВAkнten des Melнzer-Symнpoннsiнums 1991Т, Graz 1992, S.
243-273.

Best,

WS

Prof. Dr. Walter Slaje

Hermann-LЎns-Str. 1

D-99425 Weimar

Ego ex animi mei sententia spondeo ac polliceor

studia humanitatis impigro labore culturum et provecturum

non sordidi lucri causa nec ad vanam captandam gloriam,

sed quo magis veritas propagetur et lux eius, qua salus

humani generis continetur, clarius effulgeat.

Vindobonae, die XXI. mensis Novembris MCMLXXXIII.