Fw: Re: [INDOLOGY] Post-Scriptum [=wishful thinking] (Re: What about thirty-seven? [why is it UNEQUAL to 1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9] (Re: [INDOLOGY] eighteen

Dipak Bhattacharya dbhattacharya200498 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Oct 20 05:07:26 UTC 2010

--- On Wed, 20/10/10, Dipak Bhattacharya <dbhattacharya200498 at yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Dipak Bhattacharya <dbhattacharya200498 at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [INDOLOGY] Post-Scriptum [=wishful thinking] (Re: What about thirty-seven? [why is it UNEQUAL to 1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9] (Re: [INDOLOGY] eighteen
To: "Jean-Luc CHEVILLARD" <jean-luc.chevillard at UNIV-PARIS-DIDEROT.FR>
Date: Wednesday, 20 October, 2010, 5:04 AM

Dear Professor Chevillard,
Of course you are rightt in both postings. No rigid framework was claimed by me. That is dangerous in mythological enquiry. Moreover, to the proponents the original number may be real. See Mao-Tse Tung, how he has tried to prove the universality of duality with opposing or complementing components. And Gonda - in his zeal to disprove Dumezil's idea of the reflection of social reality he saw triads as universal and self existent. They work in fields where these are real and the detached reasearcher cannot penetrate into that.
I hope the lecture has not been too long.
Best
DB