Bhajan Lal MSS dealer

Thrasher, Allen athr at LOC.GOV
Mon Oct 18 21:27:02 UTC 2010

Dominik,

My colleague Christopher Murphy in the African and Middle Eastern Division has supplied me with a scan, which I am sending you separately, of one of the labels on the Persian and Arabic manuscripts we bought from Probsthain, and they are Bhajan Lal's, not Probsthain's or anyone's else.  The labels are all the same.  The handwriting appears to me different from that on the mss Horace Poleman bought in 1941 and the card index thereof, and anyway there are no printed labels on those. If you want to discuss them further with Chris, his email is cmur at loc.gov, but please carbon me.

Allen

Allen W. Thrasher, Ph.D.
Senior Reference Librarian and Team Coordinator South Asia Team Asian Division Library of Congress Washington, DC 20540-4810 USA tel. 202-707-3732 fax 202-707-1724 The opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the Library of Congress.