Extended deadline for PhD and Post-doc positions: Buddhism and Social Justice

Jonathan Silk kauzeya at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 11 17:34:41 UTC 2010

Dear Colleagues:

This was sent out some time ago, but  the deadline has been extended, and I
have made explicit the flexibility in the positions.

I have been fortunate enough to receive funding from the Dutch National
Science Foundation (NWO) for a project on "Buddhism and Social Justice." Now
comes the task of finding PhD students and a post-doc to collaborate in this
project.

Since the fields range from Sri Lanka to Japan to Tibet to Korea, I truly
need the help of colleagues and friends to make known these opportunities
and to bring them to the attention of qualified candidates. May I ask your
help in this?

Here are two web links with the shorter and then the full project
information:

http://www.hum.leiden.edu/lias/highlights/phd-vacancies-silk.html
http://www.hum.leiden.edu/lias/research/sas/vici-project-silk.html

If you know of anyone who might be qualified, or have suggestions of names
of those to whom I should send this information, I would be very much in
your debt!

It is also possible that a project not exactly outlined in this proposal,
but that would fit with it, could be considered for any of the positions
(e.g., a Chinese project instead of Korea, Thailand or Burma instead of Sri
Lanka). It is also possible that a post-doc work in a PhD area and vice
versa.

very best thanks in advance, Jonathan

PS:  please ignore the deadline date of 23 April which may still be on the
website--it has been updated to June 1st.

--
J. Silk
Instituut Kern / Universiteit Leiden