ADMIN: Change in the "reply" function of INDOLOGY

Loriliai Biernacki Loriliai.Biernacki at COLORADO.EDU
Wed May 12 01:11:53 UTC 2010

This seems like a good option. Folks can hit "reply all" to send to the
whole list, still only one stroke, and just hit "reply" if they want the
reply to go to only the sender.
All best,
Loriliai

> I've just switched the list's default behaviour to "Reply to Sender" rather
> than "Reply to List".  Let's see how we like it.
>
> In the 20-year history of this INDOLOGY list, this topic has of course come
> up before.  In the past, the consensus has been that "reply to list" is a
> greater convenience, and "reply to sender" is not what most people want for
> most postings.
>
> Anyhow, let's see.  Times change.
>
> Best,
> Dominik Wujastyk
>
> INDOLOGY duty committee member
>

> On 11 May 2010 16:21, Steven Lindquist <slindqui at mail.smu.edu> wrote:
>
>> I strongly urge the moderators to find a way to change the format of list
>> emails: they appear in inboxes as sent by individuals, but then they "reply
>> to" the group.  This is clearly the reason for such errors (at least, it was
>> in the case in my own misposting in the not too distant past).  I have
>> myself set up email rules to shuffle list emails into a special folder to
>> try to avoid this problem, but this should be unnecessary (I have no such
>> issues with any other list).

Best wishes,
Dr. Biernacki
--