Feminine of vipra

Dominic Goodall dominic.goodall at GMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 29 04:31:29 UTC 2010

It seems to occur in accounts of miscegenation, for example this one
from the end of the Vaikhaanasag.rhyasuutra:

amba.s.thaad vipraayaa.m naavika.h, samudrapa.nyamatsyajiivii
samudrala"nghanaa.m naava.m plaavayati.

etc.

Also Suprabhedaagama, kriyaapaada 2:60ab, this time with a different
job-description:

amba.s.thasya tu vipraayaa.m jaato vaapakav.rttika.h|

Dominic Goodall