Anyone heard of a flower called "aniccam?"

Whitney Cox wc3 at SOAS.AC.UK
Sun Mar 21 08:18:18 UTC 2010

Dear Rajam,

In line with your observation that the flower is supposedly "super
sensitive", it seems possible to me that the derivation of the name
might be from a-nitya ("impermanent," "perishable"), rather than
an+icchā (I see that the MTL, p. 191 thinks the same thing).  However,
I don't know of any flower called anitya in Sanskrit.

Best regards,

Whitney

--

Dr. Whitney Cox
Department of the Languages and Cultures of South Asia,