Multilingualism in India

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 14 02:22:39 UTC 2010

Kindly copy responses to the following query from Jan Kruse directly
to the author (<jan.kruse at uni-due.de>), who is not a member of the
INDOLOGY list.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: 	Fri, 02 Jul 2010 17:23:55 +0200
Von: 	Jan Kruse <jan.kruse at uni-due.de>

[...]

I am a doctoral student in social linguistics (with Prof. Dr. Ammon,
Universtity of Duisburg, Germany) and as wel employed within the EU
research programm DYLAN (www.dylan-project.org), both occupations are
dealing with European language policy.

The European three-language model is often compared with the Indian
three-language formula. For the INDOLOGY list, I mainly have one
question, regarding the factual plurilingual competence of the Indian
population which could be compared with the results of Eurobarometer
studies. I would like to ask the INDOLOGY  list community whether
anybody knows about relevant data material about plurilingualism in
India.

Thank you very much for considering my query.

With kind regards
Jan Kruse