Depictions of children in pre-modern Indian art

Benjamin Fleming fleming_b4 at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Jan 23 17:56:22 UTC 2010

Dear Dominik,
You should look at David Shulman's book, The Hungry God, which in addition to exploring the theme of infanticide in Indian literature, also examines, contains examples of these themes in Indian art. See:http://tinyurl.com/yds4jxt

Best Wishes,Benjy
--

Benjamin Fleming Visiting Scholar,

Dept. of Religious Studies,

University of Pennsylvania 249 S. 36th Street,

Claudia Cohen Hall, #234

Philadelphia, PA 19104 U.S.A.

Telephone - 215-746-7792

http://www.benjaminfleming.com