making diacritics (on my Mac)

Steven Lindquist slindqui at MAIL.SMU.EDU
Fri Dec 17 07:14:17 UTC 2010

Arlo: I assume you want a built-in font (or standard unicode font) to be able to share documents in word processor form, etc. without the need for the recipient to have an Indological font?

I don't think this is possible for a tilde over an m or the chandrabindu, but r with a subscript dot must be possible (if only for the fact it appears properly in email on a Mac and can be copy-pasted properly in a document).  I use Gandhari and Gentium and I have never found a keystroke that creates it (keyboard viewer doesn't show it nor does the Word insert symbol function).

--
Steven Lindquist, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor