Skt text of Skanda-puraa.na 7.1.11.88-89

Ashok Aklujkar ashok.aklujkar at UBC.CA
Sun Aug 22 18:58:40 UTC 2010

I do not at present have access to the Prabhaasa-kha.nda of the Skanda-puraa.na. It seems to have been counted as the seventh kha.n.da in at least some of the editions. The verse of which I need the original text is specified as Skanda Puraa.na 7.1.11.88-89 in one of my sources of information. A part of the text is said to be pratya:ngam iva nirmitam.

In the translation by G.V. Tagare in the MLBD Puraa.na tr series, vol. 67 pt. XiX, p. 71, where VII.I.11 is specified, verses 88-89 have been translated as follows:
	"After deciding to go to her father's house, the lady of great renown looked at her own reflection (Chaayaa), which 	appeared to be made similar to her in every limb. Seeing that divine being in front of her, her own Chåyå, she 		spoke these words:"

 If any of you have access to the relevant kha.n.da of the Skanda Puraa.na, kindly let me know how the Skt original of these lines reads. The context is that of the story of Sa.mj;naa.

Thanks.

ashok aklujkar