stirrup in Sanskrit

Harry Falk falk at ZEDAT.FU-BERLIN.DE
Sun Apr 25 14:04:13 UTC 2010

paagaDa or paadhaDha, cf. CDIAL 7766;
the rope leading to the stirrups could be
paaraayaNa, if Kangle is correct ad Arthasastra 2.32,12.

> Does anybody know the Sanskrit or any Prakrit term for "stirrup" (the
> thing for climbing horses)? In Hindi, I was told, it is rakaab.
> Axel Michaels

More information about the INDOLOGY mailing list