Fw: Re: Utopia / Dystopia

Dipak Bhattacharya dbhattacharya2004 at YAHOO.CO.IN
Tue Apr 13 17:10:20 UTC 2010

Please read 'customs' in the 6th line. The perpendicular that follows was unknown to me when the mail was sent. I express regret

--- On Tue, 13/4/10, Dipak Bhattacharya <dbhattacharya2004 at YAHOO.CO.IN> wrote:

From: Dipak Bhattacharya <dbhattacharya2004 at YAHOO.CO.IN>
Subject: Re: Utopia / Dystopia
To: INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk
Date: Tuesday, 13 April, 2010, 10:34 PM

Look into the decsriptions of the state of affairs before the introduction of private property in the Diighanikaaya and the Mahaabhaarata; crit.ed. ref not known to me at present; also relevant are the Puranic descriptions of the Satyayuga. Prior to that sometimes it becomes necessary to format the hard disk just to remove the ideas introduced by Francois Bernier and followed up by F.Engels.
For dystopian ideas R.C.Hazra's Puranic records of Hindu rites and customsI, ch. on the Puranic description of the Kali age. The present writer's treatment of the same (2004) is in Bengali.
Best
DB
. Best DB