Utopia / Dystopia

DiSimone Charles spootland at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 13 17:16:00 UTC 2010

Regarding Indian ideas of utopias, the Sukhāvatīvyūha
and Akṣobhyavyūha sūtras immediately come to mind.  I would not say they are parallel to Plato or
Moore’s ideas per se but they certainly describe self-contained paradigmatic
(ideal) societies.

All the best,
Charles DiSimone
Graduate Student, Stanford University