Using unicode for diacriticals

Csaba Kiss csaba.kiss at YAHOO.CO.UK
Tue Nov 24 13:00:14 UTC 2009

Dear Colleagues,

I usually use Vim when I type in Sanskrit texts.
Vim is available for GNU/Linux and Mac (and
probably for Windows),
and is highly costumizable/programmable.
I am happy to share my Vim keymaps for Sanskrit
which support Unicode display with Velthuis
save functions (your file is saved in Velthuis encoding, but
you see it in Unicode in Vim). It enables you
to type your text in Velthuis (aaraama.h etc.), which
is very comfortable, and to see it on the screen in
Unicode immediately.

But I would also love to give a try to the xkb keyboard.

Csaba Kiss