yugas and colours

JKirkpatrick jkirk at SPRO.NET
Sun Nov 1 01:50:28 UTC 2009

Here you can see a photo of durva grass:
http://tinyurl.com/yamfzx2

It is (by our naming) "green". One of the problems with colors is
that black, blue and green often are conflated in the same term.
Or "dark" might mean green.
And in some areas green and yellow share the same term.
So here, I'd guess (in terms of the way 'we" perceive color),
dvapara would be green, not
"black as durva grass".

krta--color of conch or milk--= white
treta--like gold = yellow
dvapara --durva grass = green (elsewhere, blue or dark blue)
kali= kaajal--usually  there's little variation with real black.

The missing color here is red.

But, like classification of foods according to their warmth or
coldness, dryness or moisture, etc.,  these color classifications
will show variation.

Joanna K.