here, here (was: Re: What Devanagari text would you most like as an e-text_

Andrew Glass xadxura at GMAIL.COM
Sat May 30 00:55:30 UTC 2009

Based solely on the publication date, the BHSD should still be under
copyright, therefore, making an etext of this work is a potential violation
of copyright. With this concern in mind I wrote to Yale UP some years ago
and asked for permission to create an etext. They did not reply. It may be
that the copyright was transferred to Motilal, but this is just a guess
based on the case of Brough's Gandhari Dharmapada.

With this in mind the EBMP (www.ebmp.org) made an index to the headwords in
the BHSD. It has been my intention to make this index available to the
public, but I have not had time to do that yet. At least as an index we can
tell whether or not a word is in BHSD. I have a number of things to do this
weekend, but may have time to make this index publicly available - I will
notify this list when ready.

I heard some years ago that a full etext did exist but never saw any
evidence of this myself.

Andrew