Question on digital epigraphy

Christophe Vielle christophe.vielle at UCLOUVAIN.BE
Fri May 8 07:48:26 UTC 2009

Dear Colleagues,

checking some internet resources for Indian epigraphy,

I came across an interesting example of digital hybrid:

the item so-called "EPO [sic] GRAPHIA BIRMANICA VOL 4 PART 2 (1973)"
http://www.archive.org/details/epographiabirman014758mbp

appears to mix

1°) the additional plates to Epigraphia Birmanica
IV/1, 1936 ["EPIGRAPHIA BIRMANICA"], the
preceding part being available at
http://www.archive.org/details/epigraphiabirman014350mbp

2°) An incomplete index (p. 103-171, letters M to
V) of places, names and realia referring
obviously to inscriptions from Karnataka, under
the form: Date (from 1909 to 1920), P. + a number
(two digits)
I am very interested by this index, where I would
like to know to which refers this:
"Santima, Island, 1910, P. 28"

So thank you in advance for helping me to
identify both the source-index and the reference
(some volume of the ARMAD?),

Christophe Vielle

A few other interesting epigraphical resources :

-Epigraphia Carnatica IV , 1893
http://www.archive.org/details/epigraphiacarnat04mysouoft
-EC V/1, 1902
http://www.archive.org/details/epigraphiacarnat05mysouoft
-EC X, 1905
http://www.archive.org/details/p2epigraphiacarn10mysouoft
-Annual Report of the Mysore Archaeological Department for the year 1932 (1935)
-EC new series III, 1974
http://www.archive.org/details/epigraphiacarnat014759mbp
- Epigraphia Indo-Moslemica 1937-38 ["EPOGRAPHIA
BIRMANICA VOL 4 PART 2 (1937)"]
http://www.archive.org/details/epographiabirman014774mbp

--

http://belgianindology.lalibreblogs.be