Bangles

Claudine Bautze-Picron cbpicron at GMX.DE
Fri Mar 20 07:45:00 UTC 2009

Your student might have a look at :
S.P. Tewari, Nuupura, the anklet in Indian literature and art, with a
foreword by C. Sivaramamurti, Delhi: Agam Kala Prakashan, 1982.

CBP.

-----Original Message-----
From: Indology [mailto:INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Mary Storm
Sent: Donnerstag, 19. März 2009 06:03
To: INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk
Subject: Bangles

Dear Indologists,

I am writing on behalf of a student who is doing a research project on
the place of bangles in Indian society. She is looking at images
(plenty, not a problem!) and she is also searching for poetic
references (not so successful). I hope that one of you could offer up
some possible poetic references. I can only think of the poem by
Sarojini Naidu.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you so much for your thoughts!

Mary